This position is going to be a true Emergency Medicine position, in a fast-paced environment seeing patients of all acuity. This job offers high acuity patients due to the area’s underserved primary care population resulting in many patients presenting at advanced stages of illness or injury requiring more complex treatment plans than usual for their ESI levels.
The hospital sees around 150 patients per day and takes transfers from smaller facilities in the area. The patient panel is about twenty to twenty five percent ESI 4/5. ESI 3 is going to be the largest component of patients, which comprise of 60-70% of the patients and ESI 1/2 is relatively small. We do have an outstanding team of APPs that see virtually all 4 & 5s, in addition to vertical 3s.
Being a level II trauma, we treat basically everything that comes through the door. Exceptions would be night level brain bleeds and Neurosurgical cases as the current team does not do coils. Outside of that, we are expected to see and treat everyone.
Physicians are expected to work 12-hour shifts that may include both day and night shifts.
Thomas McCarhty – Physician Recruiter
949-305-4093 – email@example.com
- Board Certified EM physician
- 1099 Independent Contractor
- 120 hours a month (12-hour shifts)
- 2 patients per hour – 20-22 PPD
- No Call
- 380-Bed Hospital – Level II Trauma
- 52-bed ED
- 80k patients annually
- All services excluding open heart surgery
- Central Louisiana
- Sitting at the intersection of several different major highways
- Easy access to all major cities
- 2-hour Drive to Baton Rouge, Shreveport and Lafayette
- LSU – Access to Division One College Sports
- 17% lower cost of living than national average
- Median Home Price – $153,000
- Average Commute time – 17 minutes
- Abundance of Outdoor Recreation
- Hiking and Walking Trails
- Lakes/Rivers and Water Sports